Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer 2010

Ok, I am going to be good about this blogging stuff. I write this as a journal and for my posterity. I want to keep a record of our life, which I haven't been good at. So I am not going to overwhelm myself and try and keep up with all that hasn't been written...I am just going to start from now or at least this summer.

I was really gearing up for this summer because now that I have Jack in school...summers are the only time which I get to really be with him. I remember the words of Marjorie Hinckely in her books where one of her kids was in detention after school and she marched right over and took him out and told the teacher "sorry school is over he is on my time now" So that is how I veiw my time with my childern.

Anyways, in a nutshell Charly and Jack have been the best of friends this summer. They hardly fight at all!! They are good little playmates and it is fun to listen to them play and pretend. Right now they are really into lego "Powerminers" and "Atlantis" that is what they pretend most of the day. Saturday we built a mermaid lagoon and the lost city of Atlantis out of playdough and the kids had so much fun playing this. I am going to try and post a picture of it.

I am going to try and sum up a week every sunday. We have been doing swim lessons which the kids LOVE!! Every morning we have to get our sorry butts up and get to the pool in La Mesa by 9:00am. I am really impressed with how much they love to go and how much they are improving by just going every week. Charly is really a fish. We both have some kind of connection to water (maybe we were sea animals in our past life?!?!) She spends most of her time under water and can swim a good distance by herself. Jack's big accomplishment this week was jumping off the diving board. I watched his class go over to the diving board and I thought to myself...oh, this is going to be interesting....but he did it!! And of course he loved it. I am proud of his attitude he is very happy go lucky and has been willing to try new things...we have seen this at the dinner table as well and it has made life a lot easier!

We helped my friend move this week...which was sad :( we will miss them a great deal. And we got to finally go to the Morman Battalion with them. That was so awesome! I can't wait to take Jim. Jack was really interested in it and in the ways that people lived in the olden days.

Ok, I realize that I am writing nothing interesting right now. I just had to start from somewhere and then I can write more interesting stuff as it happens!! That is enough for now...I don't want to hate doing this because I feel obligated to write a ton each time.

BTW Violet is doing great. She is so silly and adorable! I just love her smiles and sweet cheeks. We were excited because we thought she had learned her name, but then we realized that she also answered to "cheeseburger" so I guess it was all in our tone of voice. :))

No comments: