Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Whaley House

The Whaley House
So my kids have been begging me to take them to the Whaley House. The Whaley House is an old historic house in Old Town San Diego that is said to be one of the most haunted houses in the US. No...not spiders and cobwebs and goblins and ghouls....but a lot of paranormal activity. Charly has a love for spooky things and was so excited when she found out we were going to the Whaley house today. I thought the kids might be disappointed because there really isn't much to see there, but since the museum is half off this month....we decided to go. It was also something fun to do with grandpa. Well, at first the kids seemed kind of disappointed because they thought that they would just be seeing ghosts flying around inside or something but then I took some pictures and you can see the "paranormal" things that showed up on my camera. The kids were so excited about this....Charly also claims to have seen a ghost floating inside the kitchen.



In front of the Whaley house with Grandpa

Notice the "orb" in the picture by the chair. We did not see this with our naked eye.

Here is a close up of the "orb"


This weird streak ended up in the photo....ghost perhaps?



A close up of the ghost in the nursery.

The nursery


We spent some more time walking around Old Town and we let the kids dip their own candles.
This is Charly dipping her dolphin candle. Jack had an owl candle. That was fun for them.
So do I believe in ghosts you ask? YES! I am not sure what we are actually seeing here, but I definitely think there is some kind of paranormal activity going on in that house. I can't answer why or how or even what.......I am not sure what those orbs actually are that we are seeing, since ghosts in my mind would look like humans.....but there is something to all this and so many questions I want to ask when I die and go to the information desk. Hmmmm....so many thoughts are coming to my mind....tell me what you think? Of course Jim's family was quick to tell me I had dust on my camera....interesting how I have never had that problem before even on the same day and only in the Whaley house......
Nonetheless.....we had a great time with grandpa.....we sure love him a lot and were so glad that he could come down and spend the day with us! We are so lucky!







No comments: